Thursday, 21 May 2009

Keep Calm and Carry On

I am now the pround owner of a "Keep Calm and Carry On" poster.
For those of you not in the know, these posters are all the craze at the moment, well, that's since they started popping up in all sorts of interior design mags etc... but it was when i spotted one in one of the Lipstick Jungle episode that I knew I had to have one!!
Here is the story: in 1939, the UK Ministry of Information commisionned a number of propaganda posters should Great Britain go to war with Germany. This poster was never issued and remained unseen until a copy turned up in a pile of dusty books some 50 years later. It is now being reproduced and its message still carries fantastic meaning to this day.
It is now hanging in the staircase at home so whenever I exit Loulou's room for the 7th time at night and my watch only reads 2am, I look at it, smile (well internally anyway) and drag myself back to bed...

Nat -- you can get those in the US too at http://www.keepcalmandcarryon.ca/ (cause i just know you'll want one! xoxo)

2 comments:

Natalie said...

TOO RIGHT!! Janaan was all over these and I have one framed and in my loft!! :-) It's lime green. You can check out a picture of it here. http://www.flickr.com/photos/ayummylife/3414223201/in/set-72157606987466237/

XOXO

Les Franglais said...

Fabulous!!! your place looks amazing.